Sunday 6 March 2011

Post Number 1 - The beginning

I thought I would start by giving an overview of everything that I've done so far in tracking down my family tree.

A couple weeks, I thought I would visit my ancesry.ca account that I signed up a year ago but had done very little with

I went into it and noticed that people had been linking their tree to mine because I had 2 old pictures of my great grand father.

I thought I would dive a little deeper.

After looking around the ancestry site it was obvious I needed to sign up for the pay account if I was going to see any Census information.

It was free for 14 days so I thought I would give it a try.

I signed up and began looking.

After a weekend I had found some cool things.

I found out that my grandfather had a couple sister.
One named Onita and one named Lura.
Both of then had married, and there was information on other peoples trees.
This one is of Onita.  She married Tomas Ham and had 5 kids.

This one is of Lura...it's a clip from the picture below which I found as well.  She married Hallie Shellburn and had 4 kids

This is a cool pic.  It's of my grandpa on the left and his parents in front of his 2 sisters.
My great grandfather is William John and grandmother is Etta Sellers.

I found a lot of interesting info on Onita and Lura's family.  One of the most interesting is that Onita had a daughter named Lynda.

Lynda Haverstock that is, the ex-Lieutenant Governor of Sask.
I had heard she was related I just wasn't sure how.

I also found some information on my great grandparents siblings.... but that's for the next post...
Don McCaskell 

No comments:

Post a Comment