Sunday 6 March 2011

Post Number 2 - Info on my great grand parents

After verifying my grandparents names on  the Ham family tree.  I started looking for them on ancestry.ca
I thought he was born in Ont and moved to Saskatchewan and died around the Mossejaw area...but I wanted to find some proof.

I found the Ontario 1891 Census report that indicated he had left home early, around that age of 13 to work on the Manning farm in Ontario.  This proved his birth year to be about 1878, which matched and some new news that his father was from Scotland and his mother from Ontario.



I then found the 1901 Census that shows him working on the Sparling farm as a Farm Laborer.


The last one I found for the day was the 1906 Sask Census.  This one indicated that William is living in Sask.
Land Location is 22-13-25 W2.

This appears to be land that William owns.  Here is the link to google maps.  http://maps.google.com/?q=Search%20Result@50.0984,-105.337&z=9&t=m

Cool stuff...I will have to go drive there some day.  Until next time...Don McCaskell

No comments:

Post a Comment